Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Have to get started somewhere!

Hello Good People

I decided to start this blog to keep me organized.

I'm always getting these thoughts and ideas in my head and I hate to forget them. Most have to do with my house and yard.

I've been retired from the Air Force for over a year. I've had this house for 10 years. It is an old house, built in 1929. Of course it needs a lot of work. We've done quite a bit, but now we are stuck. It sat empty for 6 years while I was stationed in Oklahoma.

We still haven't unpacked completely. We don't use the living or dining rooms. Our stuff is all over the place, so are parts for projects.

My new kitchen countertop and faucet have been in the hallway since November of last year! The sink is somewhere in the living room.

We have worked on the foundation, have a new roof, new paint, new fences and new plumbing, so not all is lost. We just have to work on the inside.

Today I decided to start on a closet. This is in the front bedroom. It is small, but I have moved my stuff in here. I'm also trying to minimize how much stuff I have. I like a nice neat clean look.

I will add pictures. Right now I can't find my camera. I know it is in a box somewhere. I do have a disposable camera, so once I get those on a CD, I'll post.

Well back to painting.

2 comments:

Trisa said...

Hi Clemencia, this is Trisa (formerly of FL). Just curious, is it helping you stay organized?

Clem said...

No, Trisa, as you can see I have not posted in a while.

I like to read your blog, you have some funny stories on there.

I'm going to try to keep this up.

I still have not found my digital camera, so I bought some disposable ones. I plan on posting pics here also.

I have made some progress on my closet.