Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Do We Have Any Kool-Aid?



I like to organize things. One of my current projects is my pantry. Ignore the paneling. A previous owner paneled everything in this house and we are taking it out, painting, whatever has to be done to get it out of our sight. I want crisp white beadboard in the pantry.

The other day SO asked me "Do we have any Kool-Aid"? I had given up the stuff years ago, like maybe 30, until he got me hooked on it again. I told him to look in the pantry because I had set things up so you could tell what was inside.

I've thought of posting these pics on the door just for him, with an inventory also. Look at the stuff on this shelf, Kool-Aid and cake mix. Please note that the sugar next to it is organic and fair trade. I'm trying!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

LOL Clem,
My Hubby does similar things. "Hwere is...?" before looking. His explains his logic is that if I know exactly where it is, it will save him steps.

Unknown said...

I would love to have my pantry as organized as yours. Hmmm perhaps a winter job? LOL I think its a man thing needing to know where something is before they look for it.

Clem said...

Maggie,

He does that with everything, even things he knows I wouldn't even know what he was talking about.

Sometimes I want to turn the tables and start doing the same thing!

Clem said...

Jackie,

The pantry is still a work in progress. I like going to the store, but want to make it an organized trip.

I tend to buy the same stuff all the time, which makes shopping go faster. I want to see how long things last, so I can have a super list like BecWoman. You know, the lady who does once a year shopping.

No way could I just shop once a year, but once a month would be fine with me.