Sunday, September 2, 2007

Huey Louie



This is another one of the what I labeled "The Porch Kittens". They were born on our porch on 11 April 2007.

This one's name is Huey Louie. He had a sister named Louie, but unfortunately again, she is no longer with us, so Huey is stuck with both names. Louie was for Julia Louis Dreyfus - Elaine from Seinfeld. I had to have a reason for naming her Louie. It just rhymed with Huey.

My SO wanted to call them Harley and Davidson. That did not stick. He also wants to name some pets Rock and Roll - again does not fit. He is not a good giver of pet names.

We have a German Shepherd mix that we picked up from my sister's house. He had been dumped out there.

He's a good dog with huge ears. SO wanted to call him Batman. Again I said NO. He was more of a Bruce Wayne, so Bruce it is. It fits him to at T!

I haven't got a good picture of him yet.

I love Huey Louie's expression. He is always so serious, even when he is up to no good.

Brandon loves him. For some reason he thinks he is his girlfriend and soul mate. Brandon really needs to be neutered, if you know what I mean. Since I got rid of his pillow, he has latched on to Huey Louis as his new "playmate" - if you know what I mean.

The porch kittens mom was killed when the kittens were 7 weeks old. They were already eating dry food, but still did not get enough nursing time. Huey Louie uses Baby Tiger as a substitute Mom. Very strange. When I get a pic I will post. I don't think I've ever heard of this before.

I've heard of female cats raising puppies, but male kittens raising male kittens??

Anyway more pet pics later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's no small feat to be able to capture the personality of your animals in a photograph...and with a disposable camera, yet! Good Job!

Clem said...

Thanks

Huey louie is an easy subject. He likes to stare!

I still haven't shot a good pic of Ralfie or Bruce - they move around too darn much!

I think I am going to break down and buy another digital camera.

But I kind of miss taking pics with real film.

I have an old Olympus, but it doesn't work - won't advance the film.

It is almost 25 yrs old.