Friday, September 14, 2007

What is This?



I almost forgot what this was. When I loaded up the pics, I had to really jog my memory.

It is frozen bell peppers from my small garden. I like to plants things, but don't always eat them. Tomatoes yes, everything else, big maybe.

I threw chunks of meat on top and slow cooked the mix in the crock pot - very yummy!

SO has developed a bad case of acid reflux, so the jalapenos are off limits. And he loves them so.

I guess I will try to dry them.

I once grew a bunch of eggplant because I liked the way they looked. Thank goodness my sister loves eggplant and okra too. Almost forgot about the okra.

I'm growing some fall tomatoes. They already have flowers. I can't wait.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Clem, I have seven egg plants sitting in my kitchen right now. I was going to grill them last night, but I think I will cook a few tonight in moussaka once again.

Sh.....I started to get DH to grow them because I thought they looked cute.

Jalapenos can be dried. We do it every year that DH plants them. Just make sure you do it outside as the fumes really bother your eyes and nose.

Clem said...

Jackie,

When you mean by dry, is that in a dehydrator?

I remember Jusmom doing something like that and it was badddd., or was it onions?

Anyway, I string them and dry them outside.

Do you think that would work?

Unknown said...

Yes I meant a dehydrator. Jusmom did the same thing, really hurts the eyes and nose.

Should work stringing them and hanging them in the sun outside. Sort of like a solar dehydrator. I usually dry my garlic that way and it seems to work wonderfully.