Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Long Rainy Day



This is a picture of flowers around one of our pecan trees. I originally planted Dusty Miller, white Vincas and dark purple petunias. The petunias didn't make it and the vincas took over the Dusty Miller. You can see parts of DM in there.

I transplanted the orange impatiens from a hanging basket on the porch. It was getting too much sun and I really did not think it was going to survive. It is huge now. The vincas have re-seeded and taken over.

When spring comes, the narcissus or paper whites they are also called (?) come out. All during the year I have a lovely view from the window over my kitchen sink. Makes the dreaded washing dishes task so much easier. I went out and scrubbed the window clean to have a good view.

It is raining today, so another day of no watering.

School was again wonderful. I have to keep myself from blurting out answers to all the questions.

We went to dinner and ran into my niece at a Thai restaurant. She goes to the same college at night. She also loves her classes. One of my sisters also takes classes at night. She loves it too! Why does school seem such a joy when you get older?


P.S. The Thai restaurant is called Asia Kitchen. It is off the access road of Loop 410 just south of the Marbach Road exit - next to Big Lots. If you are ever in San Antonio, Texas, stop by and try it. The food is wonderful.


1 comment:

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I love impatiens they are on of my favorits.How nice to have something pretty to look at when you do dishes.